I pray you are well. Well, we are three quarters of the way through our calendar year. How has your 2022 been so far? Sports fans often talk about entering into the fourth quarter…the final push to finish the game. I pray you use this last quarter of 2022 as a new beginning. We are transitioning into the fall season and transition is always an opportunity to shift. Do you have some shifts you want to make in your life? Remember that God’s mercy and grace are fresh and new each and every morning. (Lamentations 3:22-23). Take advantage of that as we enter into a new season.
Also, let us be mindful to continue to pray for the many challenges that we are occurring in the world locally, regionally, nationally and globally. We pray in particular for prior devastation from Hurricane Fiona and the current devastation in the south from Hurricane Ian.
Adult Christian Education Class Saturdays at 5 pm
Remember to join our Adult Christian Education Class this evening from 5-6 pm on our zoom line. The class meets every Saturday from 5- 6 pm. The teaching and fellowship are a blessing to all who participate. Thank you to the Christian Education Department under the leadership of Sis. Valecia Watson and Deacon in Training, Brandon Watkins. Join and Enjoy.
Churchwide Chat Sunday, October 2, 2022 at 6:30 pm
Remember to join us tomorrow evening for our Churchwide Chat from 6:30-8:00 pm for fellowship, updates and laughs including:
- Health Connections. We will get a pandemic and health update from Sis. Ericka Sinclair from Health Connections, Inc. Sis. Sinclair has been with us before and also has partnered with us to provide our Coronavirus Testing and Vaccination Clinics. We will get updates on Monkeypox, COVID and other important issues.
- Voter Engagement Team. PBC’s Voter Engagement Team has been very active in the church and also in the community. We will get some good updates on their work and hear more work about how to participate. We will also talk about voter turnout on Sunday October 30 for the “Midtown Meetup.” We are the lead church in working with others to get churches to ride from the church to Midtown to vote as sign of power and unity within Milwaukee churches. Stay tuned.
Pastoral Anniversary – “Proclaiming the Good News to and through All Generations” Acts 2:16-18
On Sunday, October 9, 2022, we will celebrate eleven years of pastoral ministry between pastor, family and church. We are humbled, thankful, grateful and blessed to have served our community of faith. For the week, we will have three worship services — two revival services on Thursday and Friday and our worship service on Sunday as follows:
- Thursday from 6:00 – 7:30 pm, Preacher, Minister Selena Green
- Friday from 6:00 – 7:30 pm, Preacher, Minister Nichole Lanier
- Sunday Worship Service, Preacher, Pastor Roxanne Cardenas
Join us as we celebrate together the work of the Lord!
In love & service,