I pray you are well. Please join our Church-wide telephone call this evening from 6:30-7:45 pm to discuss church updates.
• Call: (312) 626-6799 Meeting ID: 117487787#
• Zoom: https://zoom.us/j/117487787
“On Christ the solid rock I stand. All other ground is sinking sand.”
A. Suspending All In-Person Ministry Activities. As of last week, we have suspended all in-person ministry events at the church. The suspension includes Sunday worship
B. Worship Opportunities. We had our first, virtual worship on last Sunday. Over 100 people participated by telephone, Facebook Live and Zoom. There was a wonderful write in the Journal Sentinel thanks to our own, Sis. Angie Peterson (https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/local/milwaukee/2020/03/22/milwaukee-churches-stream-worship-services-during-coronavirus-outbreak/2894556001/).
We will continue to use this format for Sunday worship and, beginning tomorrow, we will also use it for Wednesday Afternoon and Evening Bible Study.
1. Online Prayer and Bible Study — Wednesday from 12-1:30 and 6:30 – 8:00 pm. Wednesday night’s bible study can be found here. (https://progressivebaptistmilwaukee.com/2020/03/24/wednesday-evening-prayer-bible-study-3-25-20-church-at-sardis-630-800-pm/)
2. Online Worship – Draft Order of Service
• 9:45 Musical Prelude
• 10:00 Gathering
• 10:15 Call to Worship, Prayer, Scripture
• 10:20 Testimonies of the People & Scripture
• 10:40 Altar Prayer, Song & Sermon
• 11:00 Closing Remarks, Announcements and Benediction
3. Prayer Line/Prayers Online. The team of associate ministers is working on a schedule of regular prayer lines during the week. We will have that list finalized shortly. Stay tuned.
C. Follow All Safety Precautions. Progressive is a wise church—stay at home as much as possible. It is not out of fear but out of wisdom; the number of cases is going to grow quickly just like in other countries. Let us operate in the spirit of wisdom and follow all the guidelines including the recent directives by both the city and state to shelter and strategy at home.
D. Sick, Shut in, Struggling. We have members that might be particularly challenged during this time. I want us to do our best to help no one slip through the cracks. If you have needs or know someone who might need help please email me at email@example.com or text me at 414.690.2520; we are working on ways to identify needs and sources of support.
If you have any questions, concerns, want to volunteer, etc. please contact me, the church or fill in this form: https://forms.gle/8q9vrJ5P97QhjeJG6
Updates?: Visit progressivebaptistmilwaukee.com for regular updates.
Giving, Tithes and Offerings? Go to progressivebaptistmilwaukee.org and scroll to the donate button at the bottom of the page